Friday 8 January 2021

Mondo Bag

 


My first attempt at a Mondo bag.  Other members of our West Kelowna Quilters have made a few of these and was interested in doing one as well.  Had to buy the pattern as I couldn't find just the instructions on line.  The pattern comes with a grid that you lay out your squares on to quilt.  Didn't use it as I already had some 9 patches left over from another project.  I like how the bag is sewn, kind of like a windmill.  But it turned out very big.  Would like to try again but make it smaller.  Uses a 4 x 12 grid of 2.5" squares.  So maybe 3 X 10 next time.  Will see how it works.

Overall, I am happy with the bag though.  Great for a beach bag where you can put big stuff into it.  Used all leftovers that I had so the bag did not cost me anything.  That is always a bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment