Wednesday 29 April 2020

Covid-19 Face Masks



I think face masks are going to a necessity from now on.  My daughter and I have been busy sewing masks.  She is selling them on Facebook or giving them to friends.  Not as easy as they look to make!  We finally got a warmer day so we took the machines out on the deck and spent the day sewing out there.  Was nice to spend some time together (yes, we were socially distanced).  Last year I did a lot of sewing on the deck and really enjoyed it.  The weather is not cooperating so far this year, we have not had many nice days.  But I am sure it will get here.  

Using up some of my stash doing these masks.  One way to deplete it :)  Although we can't get elastics for the masks.  My smart daughter has been using hair elastics instead.  They work well, but are harder to sew in as there is less width to connect with with sewing.  But we are making them work.

So far, she has sold enough masks to pay for an overlock/serger machine she has been wanting for a while.  Good for her.  Although, I seem to be doing a lot of the work and supplying the fabric!  But now the proceeds are going to go towards a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for me.  Although I think we will be running out of flannel for the liners soon.

Covid-19 has changed life as we know it.  So many people are out of work.  I am glad I am retired, although investments are taking a hit with the markets.  But we will make it through.  Catching Covid-19 is a real threat and scares me.  Trying to stay as safe as possible and have only left the house a couple of times in over a month.  Ordering groceries on line and my kids pick up anything else I need.  Kids are all working still, so that is a blessing.  Although it scares me that my daughter-in-law is working in retail.  I don't think life is ever going to get back to normal as we knew it.  Will have to adapt to a new normal.  Finding that as I get older, it is harder to adapt to change.  




No comments:

Post a Comment