Tuesday 9 June 2020

Blue Bock of the Month


Another UFO done!  Is nice to take a break from sewing masks for a couple of days.  We are now at around 500 masks done!  

I picked up this package at a garage sale.  Came with all the fabrics (well, except the backing).  Had to add some fabric of my own as I screwed up cutting the setting squares.  

If is now off to be quilted by Lori at the Quilt Studio.  She does all my quilts and does an awesome job.  

Update:  Quilting has been finished.  The pattern is flowers and butterflies.  It really makes those large blue squares look awesome.  Wasn't a fan of the quilt before it got quilted, but now I love it.  Amazing what can be done with the quilting.  I think the pattern she used was called Picnic.  Perfect choice for it.

Now ... what am I going to do with this quilt?  That seems to always be my dilemma.   I love making the quilts, but I have too many to use.

September 5, 2021 - today I gifted the quilt to Kim (Jaye's mom).  She loved it.  She has moved into an apartment in OK Falls and has a new bed, so I thought she needed a new quilt to put on it.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment