Monday 1 June 2020

Dresden Plate



Made this quilt for a good friend of ours.  She liked the pattern and as I have not done a Dresden Plate before, had fun learning how to do it.  Easier than I thought.  I decided to do a quilt as you go, but as you can see, the last row did not line up very good :(  Overall though, I really like how it turned out.  Used a sheet for the white background - much cheaper as I got it on sale, and it worked very well.  Was a good quality cotton.  Back of quilt is done is a paisley.  

The quilt label is because this lady loves to hug :)  Thought it very appropriate.  The quilt is being well loved on their bed.  

I love it when quilts I make are used every day.  They are not meant to be put away in a closet.  I made a beautiful quilt for my mom and it spent 20 years in her closet because it was 'too good' to use.  Also did an amazing quilt for my daughter, and it is in her closet as well.  Quilts are meant to be used and enjoyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment