Tuesday 2 June 2020

Paperless Paper Towels





These have got to be the most useful items I have ever made.  They are made out of flannel and are 10 x 10".   Zigzagged the edging as I don't have a serger (I do, but my daughter is using it).  Zigzag works just as good :)  And cheap to make.  You get 16 out of 1.1 meters of fabric or 28 out of 2 meters. 

They take the place of paper towels (except I don't use them for greasy items).  And in place of plates for such things as apples, treats, sandwiches, etc.   They act as a plate and a napkin all in one and wash up very well.  Great for napkins as well, especially as they are soft and just the right size.  Add a little water and wipe the kids faces and hands.  Or as a wipe for your hands when cooking.  The uses are endless.   Saving the planet a little at a time.

I have separate ones that I use during the Christmas season.  And BBQ themed ones for the summer.  Would be easy to do themes for other times of the year - Halloween, Easter, Canada Day, camping (for the trailer),  Or if you have a favorite team.  The possibilities are endless!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment