Saturday 2 May 2020

Heron



This was a project and a half!  My sister-in-law (Wendy) had done a horse with this method and she showed me how to do it.  We both did the heron.  It was a lot of fun doing it with her.  Really enjoyed the cutting out and piecing, but the top stitching got to me.  Was a pain in the butt.  Had issues with the top thread breaking all the time and the stitches not being even.  Probably because i didn't use the proper thread.  Wendy used Superior threads.  I used my embroidery threads.  But in the end, it didn't turn out all that bad.  

I don't have a place to hang it in the house.  A friend of mine in Campbell River is into heron's, so she may inherit it.  In some way, I would like to keep it to show people what I have done, but I don't really have any place to show case it.  But I know my friend will and will love it.

At least now, I know the technique.  Was fun to learn something new.  And was special that we got to work on it together.  Would like to live closer to Wendy and my friend in Campbell River so we could do more quilting together.  And the fact that I love the Island wouldn't hurt either.  But my kids and grandkids are all here, and that is enough to keep me rooted where I am.  


No comments:

Post a Comment