Wednesday 6 May 2020

My Little Russian


OK, so this has nothing to do with quilting, but was just too cute not to post.  This is my grandson Parker and the hat he is wearing is a true Russian hat that I purchased when I was on a school trip back in 1974.  (oh oh, I think that is dating me!)  Was living in Baden-Sollingen in Germany at the time.  The badge on it is a true military badge (traded for bubble gum).  Brought back lots of memories of that trip.  We took a bus to West Berlin, passed through Checkpoint Charlie into East Berlin.  Flew to Moscow and took the train to Lenningrad (now St. Petersburg).  Then flew back to Berlin.  What a trip!  Went on many school trips to different countries while we lived over there.  Definitely an education that you don't get in the classroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment