Friday 1 May 2020

Memory Apron



A simple project, but full of memories.  I had an old tablecloth from mom.  But it didn't fit my table.  And I just couldn't get rid of it.  So decided to make an apron out of it.  I use aprons a lot - yes, I am a messy cook.  Was very easy to do.  Just took an existing apron I had, laid it on the tablecloth, and cut around it, adding a bit extra for the hem.  The ties were cut out of the extra bits of the table cloth.  I think of mom every time I wear it now.  Unfortunately, her cooking abilities did not come through with the apron.  The first time I used it, my bread did not rise :(  I think it had more to do with the cook than the apron - LOL.

I still have some of the border print left from it and will have to decide what to make out of it.  Maybe a basket.  Not enough to do another apron.  

No comments:

Post a Comment