Monday 4 May 2020

QAYG String Quilt


I have been wanting to do a quilt as you go (QAYG) string quilt for a while.  I had been saving 1 1/2 inch strips to do a log cabin, but decided to do a string quilt instead.  Much easier :)  Thought I would also use up most of the strips I had saved ... the box seems to be more full now!  Must be the fluffing up while looking through them. So I still have plenty to do a log cabin if I want to.  

Was a bit apprehensive doing the QAYG technique.  But it was easier than I thought.  No sashing except for the joining strips.  Nice and colorful.  Was wondering what to do with it but my niece in Calgary liked it, so it is now going to her.  Said she will pick it up once the travel restrictions are lifted and it is safe to travel again.  

Have been working my way through my stash during this pandemic.  Shelves are starting to look emptier, but still a lot left.  Have a lot of cat fabric so need to figure out a cat quilt (or two!).  Also bought this fabric before the stores closed, thinking of a spring quilt.  Have not decided on a pattern yet, but think it needs to be bigger blocks so I don't lose the beauty of the fabrics.  Will probably add white to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment