Friday 1 May 2020

Mini Baskets



Made some mini baskets.  I had one made before out of Christmas fabric and really liked it.  They are great for sitting beside the machine and putting garbage in it, or for holding my clips.  Lots of other uses too, but those are the main one I use the baskets for.  The one I made before was done with two different fabrics.  These ones I did using the same material for the inside and outside.  I like the one with two different fabrics better.  You can't really see the fold over on these ones.  But the fabric I used was awesome!  Little spools of thread.  Perfect for the sewing room.  Got the fabric from my neighbor who was cleaning up her sewing room and decided she wasn't going to use it.  Also have some with scissors and other sewing themes.  Going to make more baskets and little bags.

The baskets were done from 10" squares, put together and sewn around the edge, leaving an opening for turning.  Then top stitch around the edge and quilt as desired.  I did a square spiral going towards the middle.  Fold the square in half and mark 2" in from the fold on each side.  Sew together (so a 2" triangle on the side).  Fold in half the other way and do the same.  Fold basket right side out (folds go in the middle).  Tack down the inner folds.  Fold the triangles over and tack down.  They also look nice when you use buttons on the folded down triangles.  I thought I had some pretty pink buttons to do this, but couldn't find them :(  I have been doing some tidying in the room, so probably the issue is that I put the buttons somewhere and now can't remember where!   LOL.  Baskets finish to a 4 x 4 x 3" box.

Didn't spend the whole day sewing.  These baskets come together in just 1/2 hour.  Went for a walk along the lake as the weather was beautiful.  Not a lot of people out walking so was easy to social distance.  Fresh air and a beautiful view!








No comments:

Post a Comment